I'm Claire and I blog over at Our Favourite Jar. I blog all things lifestyle, family, generally being happy and spreading some kindness around the place. I have to say though, my favourite kind of blog post to put together are the Journal prompt ones. Today I am sharing 30 Journal prompts for Self love with you thanks to Claire.
What is Self love?
It can be described in a number of ways. Of course, you'll instantly think that it's all about loving yourself.
While that is not far off the mark, it’s not quite as simplistic as that. It is about having regard for your own happiness. Learning to put yourself first and prioritise your own needs over others.
Learning to say no without guilt, connecting with yourself on a different level than you would normally and being kind to yourself.
By showing yourself self love, you are treating yourself, your body and your mind kindly. The impact of this is huge for your well-being and mental health.
Because it's my thing of course! I have been journaling and sharing my journal prompts for long enough now to hand on heart say it is the best way to connect with yourself and your thoughts.
Often it can be difficult to put our feelings out there. Opening up and speaking to someone about how we feel. Picking up your journal instead stops all that. These thoughts are yours, they are private and will be as honest as you can manage.
This doesn't mean that what you learn about yourself can't be shared. You should of course share how amazing you are with other people if you feel comfortable doing so! But if you're new to the journey of self love, putting your thoughts in to a journal might well be enough for you right now.
30 Journal prompts for Self love
· What is your favourite feature?
· Do you think you have had an impact on another person's life? What did you do and what was the result?
· Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
· List 10 things that make you smile
· Write a thank you note to yourself
· Is there anything you need to forgive yourself for?
· What is your proudest achievement?
· 5 traits that make you a good person
· I deserve to be happy because...
· What makes you feel confident?
· What are you good at?
· How would you want to be remembered?
· Have you done anything today that was just for you?
· What are you good at?
· Did you say No to anyone today? How did it make you feel?
· Have you been unkind to yourself today? Why? How are you going to fix it with yourself?
· What is holding you back?
· What is the nicest compliment you've ever been given?
· Write down the positive changes you made in the last 10 years
· Tell your best friend how special she is... PS you're the best friend!
· Write down 5 positive affirmations you can start each day with
· How important is your self worth?
· What makes you unhappy? Is there anything you can do to changes these things?
· Is there a part of you you'd like to work on?
· What is your biggest weakness and what could you do to change it?
· What makes you feel loved?
· 10 go to self care acts
· Describe yourself in 10 positive words
· I am happiest when...
· What makes you unique?
Now you have some prompts to get started. I would normally work with a prompt a day for the month, but the beauty of journaling is you can pick it up at any time. You can whizz through them in one day or spread it out depending on your time.
I can't rate it enough though. Making time each day for you is the ultimate way of showing yourself love.
I hope you enjoy these prompts and they help you on your journey of well being and self love.
If you'd like to see more of my blog posts, including my Journal prompts you can find me on my Blog, Instagram, or Twitter!