It’s been exactly four months today since my last post. Admittedly, I didn’t actually think it’d been that long, but as the title says – time flies when you’re having fun, right? And I’ve been busy doing heaps of content offline to prepare for 2021? And we’re going to do a surprise “I’m back bitch” sort of thing?
-insert awkward grimace here-
Yeah, look, nah. My move up to Darwin has 100% sapped my creativity. In a positive spin, I’ve started doing boudoir styled shoots which has been a miraculous win, but all in all, I just haven’t enjoyed being up here to a very high degree. Here’s a list of things that just make me second guess my life choices:
- My car was damaged in a hit and run (bumper damage)
- A few weeks later, it was then broken into, and my handbag (which I forgot was in the back) was stolen 🙁
- I saw a local individual be curb-stomped by another individual, and was effectively told off by the police for staying on the phone to the ambos and listening to their request to ask to speak to the attending officer on the scene
- I was punched in the face by a client at my new workplace which has brought back forward my PTSD
- Went to the doctor to find out none of my medical records had been sent over from a request two weeks prior
- The wet season of the territory has hit so going out exploring (or leaving the house, even) is a real struggle
- Was informed yesterday that we need to vacate our house as there’s some form of damage that needs fixing and will take 6-8 weeks, and insurance won’t cover our relocation costs.
- I haven’t seen Wally in four months.
- My computer broke on the move up here, and so I lost all my old presets for editing
- Then my new screen broke
- And now my camera has decided she’s going to play up too.
I've made some new friends. I do quite enjoy my new job even if I only get to enjoy the sunshine for like two hours every day. I still get to see Kyle every day as well. And I've dropped 10ish kgs since being up here. So it's not all doom and gloom, and there's certainly been some good moments. I'm just hoping that I might be able to record them a bit better going forward ♥
Smelly socks and garden peas
Sounds like you’ve had a terrible run of bad things happening.
Really glad you were able to end on some positive notes though, keep looking for the good bits. Xx
Hey there! We’ve missed you. Sorry you’ve been having a run of bad luck the last few months. Things can only get better right?